Job Openings Job Openings
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, St. Louis Province is looking for an Accounting Assistant. The employee will be responsible for accounts payable, administration of benefits, payroll processing and full charge bookkeeping.
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years bookkeeping experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personnel administration experience helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- QuickBooks experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered. Please send resume with cover letter to [email protected].
WELLNESS COORDIANTOR | REGISTERED NURSE
Reporting to Director of Health and Wholeness, the Health and Wholeness Coordinator/Health Advocate for the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, St. Louis Province is the liaison between the Health and Wholeness Director and all community sisters.
The registered nurse, licensed in the state of Missouri, serves as a holistic health advocate to sisters living independently, in assisted, rehabilitation or skilled care setting. The coordinator will work collaboratively with all facilities that house sisters-assessing, communicating and facilitating care to maintain or improve quality of life.
This is a part-time position, 3 days per week and includes a rotating call schedule. If interested, please contact the Director of Health and Wholeness, Patty Lindauer at [email protected]
See additional detail below:
- The coordinator reports to the Director.
- The coordinator supervise team members.
- The coordinator may also receive direction from the provincial leadership team.
- Serves as advocate and resource for all CSJ’s who have a health question or concern assuring that the best care is available to meet their needs.
- Reviews and revises DPOA-HC documents annually per department guidelines.
- Makes rounds on sisters in assisted living or long term care with complex care needs and collaborates with facility nursing team, social worker and other disciplines as needed.
- Meets with physician or provider overseeing the care of the sister in assisted living or skilled care at least quarterly and as needed to discuss care needs and concerns.
- Ensures that an RN advocate is available to accompany a sister to a doctor appointment when the complexity of care warrants it or a sister requests it.
- Ensures that any sister who is hospitalized is visited daily and assists with facilitating discharge plans with the acute care team.
- Shares responsibility with team members to inform Province Leadership and families of changes in care, condition or death of a sister.
- Facilitates end of life care in collaboration will all Health and Wholeness coordinators and team members.
- Collaborates with insurance coordinator at Carondelet regarding insurance, drug programs, billing issues etc.
- Attends care plan meetings with team member for sisters with complex care needs
- Leads morning team meetings and communicates to team members pertinent information obtained from nursing staff.
- Conducts sister community meetings to keep sisters informed about developments and communications within province and congregation.
- Maintains positive and healthy relationships with healthcare partners caring for sisters.
- Schedules visits in collaboration with the director to ensure all sisters at the Village apartments and outside of NLC are visited at least every 2 years.
- Builds on established relationship with sister during time of transition to next level of care. Ensures completion of admission paperwork and process.
- Participates in attending, planning and/or hosting annual sister care workshop with counterparts in other CSJ provinces.
- Provides for in-service education/training and continued professional growth of self and staff as well as occasional social opportunities.
- Provides input to annual evaluation of each team member.
- Prepares annual budget for sister residents in assisted living and skilled care and works collaboratively with both individual sisters and the director to ensure budget is managed.
- Oversees the planning of various CSJ celebrations, including jubilees.
- Ensures appropriate materials are sent to Province archive department
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse preferred with at least 5 years’ experience in geriatric care.
- Experience with a cognition and memory deficit population
- Working knowledge of budget management
- Able to communicate effectively with aging population
- Able to quickly assess a situation and make decisions
- Understanding of patient directed and holistic care
- Optimistic, positive and proactive work ethic
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Respectful of differing perspectives
- Willing to learn new and creative ways to care for aging population
- Knowledgeable of confidentiality in the workplace
- Able to share after hours and weekends availability as needed.
- Able to interact and support other members of the team in positive, supportive manner.
- Computer skills in word and excel.
- Current and valid driving license and ability to travel to all geographic areas where province members reside.