as a core volunteer
Charism • Outreach • Relationship Experience
Live out your life with one desire only: to be always what God wants
you to be: in nature, grace and glory, for time and for eternity.
Sisters of St. Joseph, Maxim 73
The CORE volunteer program provides opportunities for young women, ages 20-35, to engage with Sisters of St. Joseph and CSJ associates, and to share in their mission and ministry. It also offers the experience, space and time for a young woman to discern her next step.
- Build relationships around the CSJ community's charism and core beliefs.
- Serve with those who are marginalized for a two to four month service project.
- Live in community with CSJ sisters or associates, at a volunteer house or with
other young women discerning their vocation.
- Deepen the values of leadership, spirituality, social justice and simple living.
- Engage in experiences that offer a portal through which participants name, develop and practice the values and faith commitments that can be lived throughout their life.
- Enter into relationships with others working for systemic change.
Volunteers can serve during the summer or on a short-term basis—two to four months, full time or part time. They will receive a monthly stipend, and room and board commensurate with their length of service and time commitment. They must provide their own reliable transportation. Participants may be a student or working part time.
The volunteer opportunities will be in St. Louis. They include: immigration advocacy, social justice, promotion, inner city youth summer camp, urban education, health care, and others where CSJ sisters and associates serve the people of God.
Learn More: Click here to view the CORE brochure for more information about the program.
Register: Begin your CORE volunteer experience with the CSJ community by filling out the CORE application form.
Ask Questions: Contact Sister Kathleen Eiler, CSJ at 314-443-1234 for a one-on-one conversation about the program.