Sister Rosemary was born in Kansas City, Missouri. She was received into the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1948 as Sister Thomas Marguerite. She received a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the College of St. Teresa in 1947, a master’s in philosophy from St. Louis University in 1956 and a doctorate in philosophy from St. Louis University in 1964.
Sister Rosemary served in education for 42 years of ministry. In 1950, she began on the elementary level at St. Patrick Grade School in Denver, Colorado. That same year, she moved to St. Louis and taught at St. Leo Grade School (1950-51) and St. Teresa of Avila Grade School (1951-54).
Moving to secondary education in 1954, Sister Rosemary taught at the Academy of Our Lady/Spalding in Peoria, Illinois (1954-55); Rosati-Kain in St. Louis (1955-56 and 1959-60); and St. Francis de Sales High School in Denver, Colorado (1956-69).
Upon completion of her doctorate, Sister Rosemary transitioned to higher education in 1964. She served as an administrative staff member at Fontbonne College for four years. Moving to Kansas City in 1968, she taught at Avila College until 1973. For the next two years, Sister Rosemary taught at Longview Community College and St. Teresa Academy College. She began 17 years of service at Rockhurst College in 1975, where she taught and chaired the philosophy department.
In 1992, Sister Rosemary began 18 years at the Center for Practical Bioethics where she served as the director of the ethics development and education committee, ethics consultant and program consult. Sister Rosemary retired in 2010 but continues to volunteer her service.