Sister Marjorie was born in Trivoli, Illinois. She was received into the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1948 as Sister Mary Jarvis. She received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Fontbonne College in 1960.
Sister Marjorie served her first 22 years teaching. She began in St. Louis at St. Leo Grade School (1950-52); St. Edward Grade School (1952-1960); St. Anthony of Padua Grade School (1960-61) and Saints Mary & Joseph Grade School (1961- 63). The next four years, she taught in Chicago at St. Viator Grade School. From 1967 to 1971, Sister Marjorie taught at Holy Name Grade School in St. Louis. Her final year of teaching was at St. Cecilia Grade School in Peoria, Illinois.
Transitioning into clerical work in 1972, Sister Marjorie served for 10 years at St. Joseph Carondelet Child Center in Chicago. She then served her CSJ community from 1982 to 1988 as the provincialate secretary at the St. Joseph Provincial House in St. Louis. She went on to serve briefly as secretary at the Central Catholic School of Citrus County in Crystal River, Florida, in 1988 and took on the duty of teacher aid until 1989. She also served as receptionist and cook (1988-89) at St. Benedict Parish, also in Crystal River. Continuing in clerical work, Sister Marjorie was the secretary for the Diocese of St. Petersburg in St. Petersburg, Florida (1989-91); a clerical worker at Franciscan Ministry of the Word in Belleair, Florida (1989-2005), and secretary at Catholic Charities in St. Petersburg (1991-93). The following two years, she remained at Catholic Charites, serving in elder services and disabilities.
In 1995, she began her 13-year ministry of caring for a family member while serving as a clerical worker at Magnolia Manor in Clearwater (1997-98) and Mantle of Mary Association in Belleair (1997-2008).
In 2008, Sister Marjorie moved to Nazareth Living Center, carrying out her ministry of prayer and presence.