Sister Carol was born in Vincennes, Indiana. She was received into the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1958 as Sister Thomas Christine. She received a bachelor’s degree in music education from Fontbonne College in 1957 and a master’s in liturgical music from the University of Notre Dame in 1968.
Sister Carol was a teacher in the St. Louis area for 22 years. She taught intermediate education at St. Luke the Evangelist Grade School (1960-61) and St. Roch Grade School (1961-62). She then went on to teach music and art for the following 20 years at Rosati-Kain High School (1962-1982).
In 1983, after a sabbatical at St. Mary of the Woods in St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana, she became the pastoral associate at St. Benedict Parish in Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning in 1992, she spent the following 10 years caring for family. During that time, she also served as the music/liturgy coordinator at St. Lawrence Parish in Lawrenceville, Illinois (1993-1996), and Immaculate Conception Parish in Bridgeport, Illinois (1993-2004).
Sister Carol returned to St. Louis in 2004 and began her service as co-director of St. Joseph Woods, offering education about care of Earth for adults and children as well as seasonal celebrations, retiring in 2010. She now devotes her volunteer time to liturgical piano and organ, and healing harp ministry in various residential facilities for seniors.