Sister Ann was born in Alton, Illinois. She was received into the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1958 as Sister David Louise. She received a bachelor’s degree in French/Spanish from Fontbonne College in 1962, and a master’s in Spanish from Case Western Reserve University in 1967.
Sister Ann taught at the Academy of Our Lady in Peoria, Illinois, from 1962 to 1966. After earning her master’s degree, she taught in Kansas City, Missouri, at Avila College from 1967 to 1969 and then at St. Teresa’s Academy until 1971. That same year, she returned to St. Louis to serve her CSJ community as regional superior/provincial councilor at the St. Joseph Provincialate.
In 1974, Sister Ann served as the IIRR program coordinator/staff member at CPC/Inter Community Consultants. She returned to the classroom a year later and taught for the following nine years at St. Anthony High School. She then went on to serve as the administrative assistant at the Congregation Center of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet from 1984 to 1986. Sister Ann went back to teach once more for a year at St. Joseph’s Academy.`
After a sabbatical at Emmaus House, Sister Ann served as an associate for sponsorship at Catholic Health Association from 1989 to 1992. For the next 10 years, she served at Salvation Army as an administrative associate in the Development Department. Sister Ann then served her CSJ community at the St. Joseph Provincial House as an officer worker for the St. Joseph Development Office from 2002 to 2004. For the following two years, she was an administrative assistant at Doorways.
Sister Ann retired in 2006 and volunteers.