Living the Gospel
From our foundation, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet have been dedicated to the exercise of “all of the spiritual and corporal works of mercy of which woman in capable and which will most benefit the dear neighbor.” We continue in the spirit of our founding and engage in works of compassion and mercy which respond to the needs of our times in a way that:
- Heals and reconciles
- Serves all persons without distinction
- Makes known through our lives the gospel we proclaim
- Enables others to assume a more active responsibility for continuing the mission of Jesus
- Recognizes and defends the human dignity of all persons
- Promotes justice with a particular concern for the poor
Where We Serve
Our sisters and associates serve in more than 20 states, 35 Dioceses, as well as Peru, Chile, and Uganda. Many of our sisters and associates live and serve in the St. Louis area.
Today, our response continues to make an impact, particularly in the areas of education, deaf education, healthcare, elder care, counseling, spiritual direction, parish work, outreach ministries, prison ministries, immigration services, women’s and children’s services, art, music, and prayer.