as a vowed member
Sister Sarah Heger, CSJ talks about her call to religious life.
Visit our You Tube Channel for more vocations videos.
It is wonderful to share your interest in religious life! If you are looking for a way to share deeply in loving God and loving your neighbor, you have found the right place as we continue this mission of Jesus.
Yes, we are ordinary women who do together what we could not do individually—give communal and corporate witness to God’s love.
Through our religious vows we profess lifelong conversion and witness. We listen attentively, we love freely and we live simply.
Becoming a Sister of St. Joseph of Carondelet takes the following steps:
- Prayer and discernment
- Application process—Six months to one year
- Candidacy—two years doing full-time ministry while living with other sisters.
- Novitiate—one year of living with other novices in our Federation Canonical Novitiate and one year of living with sisters in our local Novitiate Community.
- Temporary Profession—Three to six years living in community with temporary vows of poverty, chastity and obedience while doing full-time ministry.
- Life-Long Commitment of living vows in community and serving a world in need.
Have questions? Interested in learning more?
Check out our FAQ's
Fill out our interest form below and our formation team will contact you.
You can also e-mail Sisters Kathleen Eiler and Linda Markway at firstname.lastname@example.org.