DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
The Director of Maintenance coordinates the plant operations for a convent, retreat and hospitality facility as well as several homes in the St. Louis area. This includes preventive maintenance, repairs and updates. The individual will supervise a staff of 3 and manage activities of outside contractors. This is a full time supervisory and managerial position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent (building trades).
- Technical knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation fire alarm, commercial kitchen equipment, etc.
- Certification in refrigeration required.
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and reading and interpreting of blueprints and technical manuals.
- Experience in building maintenance.
- Supervisory experience, a plus.
The ideal candidate should also exhibit:
- Ability to balance the needs of all parties including staff, management, residents, visitors and general public.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to do considerable lifting (at least 50 pounds), stooping, walking, and climbing while performing duties.
- Computer skills – working knowledge of CAD and Microsoft Office.
All successful applicants will be required to test over the foundational knowledge of a great Director of Maintenance.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered. Business references required.