It is the mission and responsibility of the Archives Department to collect, centralize, protect, arrange and make available official records and materials relating to the history, foundation, expansion and achievements for the St. Louis Province.
Types of records and collections available include:
• Diocesan and Roman records
• Institutions—annals, records of closed and transferred institutions
• Papers of American Foundations
• Governance – province leadership, council meetings, administrative records
• Oral history tapes
• Published and unpublished works of the sisters
• Letters from sister nurses in the Spanish-American War
• Original records of receptions and professions
• Records of sisters’ ministries
Requests and Policies
Most records are available for use upon completion of a research request application. There is a nominal fee for copying and extensive research. Materials do not circulate. Send initial request with a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reprint permission is granted for one time use only. Permission to publish or otherwise use material is contingent upon completion of the conditions for publication of material form.
The Archives are located on the campus of the Province Motherhouse in the CSJ Ministries building.
You can contact the Archives at:
6400 Minnesota Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63111